Total Pageviews

Friday, December 17, 2010

Off to Torres Del Paine

So tomorrow at 7:30 in the morning we are off to Torres Del Paine National Park in Chile. I honestly am sooooooooooo stoaked. I have been wanting to go to this park to see the Torres since I was 19 and started working at Adventure 16. For some reason they called me and tomorrow I am answering that call. I am reading a book called In Patagonia by Bruce Chatwin (written in 1977) and  he explains better than I can why this place is so alluring, "Patagonia is the farthest place to which man walked from his place of origins. It is therefore a symbol of his relentlessness. From its discovery it had the effect on the imagination something like the Moon, but in my opinion more powerful." So far for the last two days we have been preparing for the trip our backpacks are packed and we are ready to go! We are ready to see it on our feet! I cannot believe that I get to do it with the woman that I am in love with. I know that this may sound cheesy, but I feel so lucky that I have a girl that is willing to brave the snow, rain, wind and sun with me all in 5 days. Amber is ready to go and probably is taking less clothes that I am--badass! I will let you know after about how long the trek is and how high we go. I think it is about a 25 mile hike and we are at about 6,000- 7,000 feet. More details and pictures after the trek. So the previous post about the tentaive plan is correct. We got it all booked and we will be sticking to that plan formentioned. We will call the family when we get back to civilization on the 22nd of December. We got everything booked!!! We have it all booked until the New Year which is a relief!!! So here we go, following a dream. I am cuzin´ hard as Dan would say. I am wearing Patagonia gear in Patagoina, who would have thought! Love you all and we will be sending you thoughts from the mountians. Take care and take advantage of each moment you have in life. We are trying to focus on that as we hike through the unpredictable weather. Peace and Ciao! (I probably say that at the end of every message huh?) Hasta Luego.

2 comments:

  1. What amazing adventures you two are having! The photos are awesome, too.

    Merry Christmas, and stay warm and dry!

    Love,

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so nice to hear about your adventures! A hello from the whole family! Que diverten cruzando la Patagonia! Y Sean, eres muy romantico y que fortunato que Ambre tiene un novio tan dulce! We look forward to hearing from you!!! Savannah, Julia, Duffy and Nick

    ReplyDelete